Campsite rules and regulations
Residence conditions and regulations for the 2020 season
Kompas Camping vzw, with registered office Haachtsesteenweg 579, 1030 Brussels (RPR - 0412 527 934), has 2 holiday parks in operation: Kompas Camping Nieuwpoort (Brugsesteenweg 49, 8620 Nieuwpoort) and Kompas Camping Westende (Bassevillestraat 141 B, 8434 Westende).
These terms and conditions of stay and internal regulations have been drawn up to make living together on these holiday domains as pleasant as possible; everyone is therefore required to follow them.
The management can always take appropriate measures in addition to these terms and conditions of stay and the internal regulations. If you cause damage to the installations of the holiday domain or if you are involved in an accident, please report this directly to the reception desk of the holiday domain.
3.1 Fire safety
For fire safety reasons, the camper is obliged to place the camping installation and any extra equipment at a safe distance from the neighbours. A drawing, indicating the distances to be respected in order to avoid fire, will be sent to everyone together with their booking invoice. You will also find this drawing in the reception guide.
You will find fire facilities at various places on the holiday park (see the map at the entrance, for example). A maximum of 2 gas bottles are allowed per pitch. Make sure they comply with legal regulations and regularly check the bottles and pipes for wear and tear and/or leaks. The heating and kitchen installations must be placed safely in a well-ventilated room and on a refractory plate. No open fires or campfires may be placed without permission from the management. Barbecuing must be carried out under constant surveillance. The necessary precautions must be taken to prevent fires. The barbecue must be placed in such a way that other guests are not bothered by the smoke. Make sure that the ashes have cooled down before depositing them in the container.
3.2 Road safety
On the holiday park there is a speed limit of 15 km/hour for all vehicles, including cyclists. Parking on the roads is not permitted. It is forbidden to play with balls in the immediate vicinity of the camping facilities. Driving a moped or motorbike is not permitted inside the campsite fence, except for travelling to and from the campsite installations.
3.3 Personal safety
No activities may take place in the installations or goods may be stored that could increase the risk of fire or the consequences of fire. Everyone must take measures to protect their own equipment. Always close your camping installation carefully and do not leave any money behind.
3.4 Guidelines in the event of fire or evacuation
On the information board at the main entrance you will find the guidelines to follow in case of fire or evacuation of the domain.
4. Cleanliness - plumbing - waste - rest
4.1 Cleanliness and green care
Kompas Camping vzw counts on the cooperation of everyone to keep the pitch, the surroundings and the installations for common use neat and tidy.
Respect the turf and greenery of the campsite. On the pitch it is forbidden:
- Lay a mat, cloth or wooden floor that is larger than the (front) tent;
- to place fences of any kind;
- Tensioning threads (e.g. for laundry);
- placing garden ornaments, flower pots or plants;
- digging out the soil or tilling it.
- pruning hedges, shrubs and trees.
4.2 Sanitary facilities
The sanitary buildings on the holiday park are regularly cleaned by the staff. At the same time Kompas Camping vzw invests consistently in renovation and modernisation.
As a guest, you can help us through:
- Reporting leaky faucets and toilets at reception.
- Save water and energy.
- Keeping the sanitary facilities tidy and reporting vandalism.
Ordinary household waste must be collected in solid bags, which are properly sealed and deposited in the containers. Be environmentally conscious: paper, cardboard, glass, vegetable, fruit and garden waste must be disposed of in the appropriate containers.
DO NOT accept: the disposal of bulky garbage (= waste too big for a garbage bag) and garbage brought from outside the campsite.
For waste water and the emptying of chemical toilets, there are several specially designated discharge points on the site (see campsite plan).
4.4 Silence and rest
Everyone is obliged to maintain complete peace and quiet between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. Unless otherwise stated, all motorised traffic on the site is prohibited during these hours. Noise disturbing other campers, such as televisions, radios, ... must be avoided. Drones are only allowed with the written permission of the management.
5. Purchase and sale
The sale of food and beverages by third parties is only possible with the written permission of the management. The sale or distribution of documents and objects requires the express written authorisation of the management.
6. Rental accommodation
The rental accommodation is also subject to the above terms and conditions of stay and the internal regulations, together with the following provisions or deviations:
- Arrival between 4 p.m. and 11 p.m. (reception closed: follow the instructions on the information board).
- Departure between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. If you wish to leave earlier, you must inform the reception the evening before. If the accommodation is not vacated by 10am, a fee of 75 euros will be charged.
- The maximum number of people allowed in the rental accommodation is mentioned in the brochures of Kompas Camping as well as on the website www.kompascamping.be.
- It is not allowed to place an extra person in the rental accommodation.
- The use of bed linen is obligatory.
- If a pet is allowed in a rental accommodation, this is explicitly mentioned on the website and on the invoice of the booked stay. In all other cases, the tenant or any visitors are forbidden to bring pets with them.
- The tenant or any visitors are forbidden to smoke in the rental accommodation.
- Any damage will be reported to the management and will be at the expense of the tenant.
- The rental accommodation will be left clean and tidy.
- The cost of loss of the key (75 euros), replacement of damaged parts of the furniture or repair of damage to the accommodation will be charged to the renter.
7. Mobile homes
For owners of mobile homes renting accommodation at Kompas Camping there are specific terms and conditions of stay and internal regulations. These are delivered annually to the owners and must be signed and returned to the campsite for approval.
Kompas Camping vzw can at no time be considered as depositary of the goods of the campers/holiday guests. Kompas Camping vzw is also not liable for theft of or damage to the goods of the campers/holiday guests. Apart from the cases mentioned in the two previous paragraphs, Kompas Camping vzw can only be held responsible for gross negligence or fraud.
9. Complaints procedure
9.1. Complaints before the start of the stay must be reported by the camper/vacation guest as soon as possible by mail or letter to the campsite.
9.2. Complaints during the stay must be made by the camper/holiday guest to the campsite reception as soon as possible in an appropriate and probative manner.
9.3. If a complaint is not satisfactorily resolved on the spot, the camper/vacing guest must notify the management of the holiday park of his/her complaint by e-mail or letter no later than 3 months after the end of the stay.
9.3. Kompas Camping vzw is an accommodation recognized by Tourism Flanders. Would you like more information about the regulations concerning tourist accommodation? Or was there no or insufficient response to your complaint by Kompas Camping vzw? Please contact Tourism Flanders, Grasmarkt 61, 1000 Brussels (email@example.com). You can also find more information on www.toerismevlaanderen.be/logiesdecreet.
10. Violation of internal regulations
Failure to comply with the conditions of stay and/or the internal regulations entitles Kompas Camping vzw, among other things, to claim damages. The damage resulting from the violation of the regulations by the camper/holiday guest will be estimated by the parties at an amount of at least 100 euros, without prejudice to the right of Kompas Camping vzw to claim a higher amount.
11. Termination of stay on compelling grounds
Kompas Camping vzw may terminate a tenant's stay on urgent grounds. Urgent reasons are understood to be non-exhaustive:
Failure to comply with art. 3 and/or 4.
- Repeated actions that are contrary to these terms and conditions of stay and internal regulations.
- Any action contrary to the regulations emanating from the competent authorities.
- The tenant can cancel a stay for urgent reasons if Kompas Camping vzw, after being reminded to do so, does not comply with its obligations.
- In case of a legally valid cancellation, the tenant has the right to a refund of the already paid compensation for the remaining part of the stay in which he/she will no longer stay on the camping site.
If, by means of general guidelines, the government imposes standards that would be contrary to these regulations, these regulations will automatically be adapted. This document has been drawn up taking into account the legislation in force and the Tourist Flanders Accommodation Decree.
Disputes concerning the implementation of this agreement shall be settled by the Dutch-speaking courts of the district of Brussel.